The history of Worthing Pavilion Bowling Club (Click here for the club today)

 The Club is on land originally owned by H.P (Percy) Brazier on which were tennis courts. Percy was a major benefactor to the town of Worthing. He was also an accomplished Sportsman in six different sports as well as Bowls and converted the tennis courts (click HERE for photographs) into two magnificent “Cumberland Turf” greens in 1947. These were open for play on 1st.May 1948 but were officially opened on 4th May 1949 when a match was played against a rink from each of six Associations. They were the EBA, Sussex County B.A.,London and Southern Counties B.A.,Dennyside B.A., Banks B.A. and Worthing Town Council. Percy represented Sussex on many occasions and played for England on no less than twenty occasions
 history-pic1
 The Balcony to Worthing Pavilion Bowling Club -Club House and Offices